- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruited Ginger Ale Salad Recipe
|Lime gelatin||6 Ounce (2 Packages Of 3 Ounce Each)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Canned mandarin orange||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger ale||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mint extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 192.8 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 47.6 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl add hot water and sprinkle gelatin over it. Stir to dissolve.
2) Add 1 cup reserved pineapple syrup, t pineapple, oranges, and nuts.
3) Chill the mixture until lightly thick.
4) Mix ginger ale and mint extract to gelatin mixture.
5) Take a 2-quart mold and arrange cherries at the bottom of it.
6) Fill enough gelatin to cover the cherries.
7) Chill the mixture until almost firm.
8) Spoon remaining fruit and gelatin mixture into it.
9) Chill the mixture until almost firm.
10) On a serving plate unmold the gelatin.
11) Garnish with lettuce.