- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Fruit Cake Recipe
|Unsifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Diced candied cherries||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Green Colored)|
|Diced candied cherries||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Red Colored)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10058 Calories from Fat 5691
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 640 g984.7%
Saturated Fat 122.8 g613.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1631.7 mg
Sodium 4001.1 mg166.7%
Total Carbohydrates 966 g322.1%
Dietary Fiber 64.4 g257.5%
Sugars 509.4 g
Protein 155 g309.6%
Vitamin A 114.2% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 112.7% Iron 162.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large bowl combine candied cherries and walnuts and set aside.
3. In another large bowl cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar and honey. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth,
5. Beat in brandy.
6. Fold in nut mixture.
7 Pour batter into a deep straight-sided 1 1/2-quart non-metallic casserole. Heat, covered with a piece of greased wax paper, in Microwave Oven 6 to 8 (8 to 10) minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
8. Let cake stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before turning out of pan.
9. If desired, a glaze may be prepared from confectioners' sugar and water.