- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit & Yogurt Elbow Salad Recipe Video
|Elbow macaroni||13 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Low fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Vanilla flavour)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (Optional) (Optional)|
|Cinammon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fruits||4 Cup (64 tbs), chop|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Flaked roasted almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), slice|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 24.1 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Once done drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place in large bowl. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
4. In a large bowl toss elbow pasta and yogurt mixture.
5. Add fruit and mint. Toss gently to combine.
6. Sprinkle with almonds. and serve.
You can refrigerate leftovers nicely covered up to 1 day. (Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving if refrigerated.)
Either Greek or traditional yogurt can be used.
Choose one or more favorite fruits cut into bite-sized pieces. Suggestions: apples, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapes, kiwi, nectarines, peaches, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon.