- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Whip Recipe
|Dried apricots/Prunes or peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in pieces with kitchen scissors. (Unsulphured)|
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 38.5 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass bowl, mix cut dried fruit with warm water.
2. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the soaked dried fruit to soften overnight.
3. Use a medium jar of a blender or food processor.
4. Combine soaked dried fruit, honey and a little of the soaking liquid in the jar.
5. Pulse to a smooth puree.
6. Add egg yolk and blend for another 2 seconds.
7. In a clean, dry and grease free glass bowl, whip the egg whites till they form soft peaks. Do not over beat.
8. Gently fold the stiff egg whites into the pureed dried fruit mixture.
9. Spoon mixture into chilled sherbet glasses and top with whipped cream or yogurt. Garnish with nuts if you please.