- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
|Ground round||2 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ground mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.8 mg
Sodium 652.6 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper or foil, approximately 12-inches by 17-inches.
3. Combine the fruits, parsley, mustard and cinnamon.
4. In a large bowl, combine meat, eggs, crumbs and seasonings.
5. Mix well, using your hands or a large fork.
6. Turn the mixture onto a waxed paper or foil sheet and cover with the other sheet.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out the meatloaf mixture to 9-inches X 15-inches
8. Remove the top sheet and spread the fruit mixture over the meat sheet.
9. Starting from the shorter side, roll the meat mixture sheet into a log, like a jelly roll. Use the waxed paper to help you roll without tearing the meat sheet.
10. Remove the wax paper and place the meat roll in a loaf pan large enough to accommodate it.
11. Bake in the heated oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
12. Let rest for 10 minutes.
13. Slice and serve warm or cold with a sauce or gravy.