- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit N Oat Scones Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold|
|Mixed dried fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.2 mg
Sodium 250.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add butter but into small cubes.
4. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles cake crumbs.
5. Stir in the dried fruit.
6. Add milk and gently mix with a spatula or wooden spoon to bind ingredients together.
7. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface;
8. Gently knead into soft dough.
9. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a 9-inch circle of 1/2 inch thickness.
10. Transfer the pastry to a round baking tray.
11. Cut into 12 wedges and separate.
12. Combine sugar and cinnamon and fill in a shaker or in a tea strainer.
13. Dust dough with the sugar.
14. Place platter in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
15. Remove from oven and allow pastry to harden
16. Dust with more cinnamon sugar if desired.
17. Serve warm for breakfast or tea.