- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Loaf Recipe
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Mixed dried fruit||4 Ounce|
|Candied peel||1 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to mix)|
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 572
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.8%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 1586.2 mg66.1%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 32.3%
Calcium 39% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and flour a ½ pound loaf tin.
2. In a bowl, add self raising flour, mixed spice, salt, margarine, caster sugar and rub together.
3. Separately, whisk egg and add to the flour mix, add the candied peel and mixed dried fruits and continue to rub.
4. Add sufficient milk to the mix till a dropping consistency is achieved.
5. Pour the cake mixture into the floured loaf tin and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 90 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack, and serve at room temperature.