- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Loaf Recipe
|Bread||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Candied orange peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (Warm)|
|Almond extract/Vanilla extract||2 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2155 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2673.6 mg111.4%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.5%
Sugars 128.4 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 62%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 92.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Make dough for basic bread.
3) Mix together the raisins, walnuts and candied fruit.
4) Knead the mixture into the basic bread dough.
5) Shape the dough into two greased round pans.
6) Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
8) Slice and serve as required.