- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Kebabs With Yogurt And Honey Dip Recipe
|Pineapple/Null||1 Small (Null)|
|Peaches/Null||2 Large (Firm Ones)|
|Firm banana/Null||1 Large (Null)|
|Eating apples/Null||2 (Crisp Ones)|
|Black grapes/Null||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), seeded (1 Small Bunch)|
|Orange/Null||1 Large, rind finely grated and fruit juiced (Null)|
|Brandy/Orange flavored liqueur||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Unsalted butter/Null||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Natural yogurt/Null||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Clear honey/Null||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Mint sprigs/Null||3 (To Decorate)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1780 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.5%
Saturated Fat 34 g170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.8 mg
Sodium 118.6 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 298 g99.4%
Dietary Fiber 33.5 g134%
Sugars 230.7 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 84.3% Vitamin C 817%
Calcium 51.5% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Skin and halve the peaches and temove the stones. Cut the flesh into chunks.
3. Peel the bananas and then slice them into thick chunks. Quarter and core the apples but do not skin them. Cut each quarter in half cross-ways.
4. Put all the fruit togethet in a bowl. Mix the otange rind and juice with the brandy or liqueur, pour this over the fruit and cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Thread the fruit on to eight wooden kebab skewers. Put the butter in a small ovenproof bowl and microwave on LOW for 2 minutes, or until melted, then brush this over the kebabs.
6. Arrange the kebabs in a double layer on a roasting rack in a shallow ovenproof dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, then re-position the kebabs so that the inside skewers are moved to the outside of the dish. Microwave on HIGH for about 4 minutes, re-position twice more and baste with any juices in the dish. Allow the kebabs to stand for 5 minutes.
7. Whisk together the yogurt and 30 ml (2 level tbsp) of the honey. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof serving bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until just warm. Drizzle over the remaining honey and decorate the dip with a few fresh mint sprigs.
8. Serve the fruit kebabs with the yogurt dip handed separately.