- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Jelly Madeleine Recipe
|Lemon jelly||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Fresh fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Grapes, Oranges, Or Pineapple)|
|For vanilla cream:|
|Caster sugar||12 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Double cream||3 3⁄4 Fluid Ounce, lightly whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1134 Calories from Fat 611
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 382.2 mg127.4%
Sodium 421.4 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 103.6 g
Protein 22 g45%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a tin or bowl, add enough cold jelly to cover the base by 1/4-1/2 inch.
2) On this, place the fruit and set with a little jelly.
3) For the vanilla cream, in a bowl, add yolks and sugar and beat well.
4) In a saucepan, scald the milk and add to the eggs.
5) Transfer back to the saucepan and gently thicken without allowing to boil.
6) Soften the gelatin with water and place over gentle heat to dissolve.
7) Mix in with the custard and flavor with a few drops of vanilla. Cool.
8) When the custard almost sets, gently fold in the whipped cream.
9) Carefully pour the mix over the jellied fruit and set.
10) If fruit is leftover, add to remaining jelly and top in the tin or bowl.
11) Set for 1-2 hours.
12) Turn out onto a serving dish and garnish all around with chopped jelly.