- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
|Evaporated milk||5 Ounce (Small Can)|
|Fresh strawberries/15-ounce canned strawberries, drained, / other fruit such as strawberries, pears, bananas||8 Ounce|
|Sugar||2 Ounce (If Fresh Fruit Is Used)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg
Sodium 152.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 82 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 226.8%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the milk can in refrigerator and chill for couple of hours.
1) Mash and strain the fruits to make about 1/4 pint of puree. If desired, blend in sugar as per taste.
2) Take out the milk can and empty it into a basin. Whip it, until stiff peaks are formed.
3) Gently blend it into the fruit puree.
4) Take a container and pour the milk-fruit mixture in it and freeze until the mixture is firm.
5) Serve frozen or as desired.