- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Glazed Chicken Recipe
|Peach preserves/Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Frozen mixed fruit||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Mixed fruit||10 Ounce, frozen (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger/Cinammon||1 Dash, ground|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.1 mg
Sodium 265.7 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 74 g147.6%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 103.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small glass bowl, mix the preserves and browning sauce together and cook in the microwave for 1/2 to 1 minute.
2) In an oblong baking dish, arrange the chicken pieces with the larger pieces towards the edge of the dish.
3) Brush with 1/2 the preserves, then cover with a wax paper and cook in the microwave for 15 to 16 minutes, brushing with the preserves halfway.
4) Remove the chicken on a serving platter, allow to stand, covered for 7 minutes.
5) Drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
6) In baking dish, add the reserved liquid and rest of the ingredients.
7) Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring twice.
8) Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.