- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Glazed Butternut Or Acorn Squash Recipe
|Butternut/Acorn squash||2 Pound, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced 1/2" thick (1 Piece)|
|Pineapple juice/Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 129.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 244% Vitamin C 73.9%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a 1 ½ quarter casserole, arrange the squash pieces.
3. Stir the sugar and salt into the orange juice and pour over the squash.
4. Cover the casserole with a lid or with foil
5. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, basting with butter every 10 minutes.
6. Remove lid or foil and bake for 10 minutes until caramelized to a nice rich brown
7. Serve the squash hot.
8. Pass butter at the table if desired.