- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flavored Fruit Fritters Recipe
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Blueberries/Chopped fruit||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Corn oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Light corn syrup/Dark / maple corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.6 mg
Sodium 251.8 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt all together.
2) Combine egg yolks, milk and corn oil.
3) Add this to the flour mixture and beat in to form a proper blend.
4) Fold in fruits.
5) Beat egg whites to form stiff.
6) Add this to the mixture.
7) For shallow frying, use a skillet to pour in corn oil for 1-inch deep. For deep frying, fill 1/3 part with oil.
8) Heat up oil at 375°F.
9) Spoon the batter into hot oil with a tablespoon. Fry few at a time and until they turn brown on both sides.
10) Transfer on paper towels to absorb the fat.
11) Serve the fritters warm with the flavored corn syrup.
To pan fry the fritters, add 1/2 cup corn oil to heat up in a skillet.
Place fritters into oil and fry to golden brown on both sides.