- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Filling With Nuts Recipe
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (Use The Whites Of Egg)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Figs||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cut fine, mixed with raisins, citron, cherries and pineapple|
|Citron||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cut fine, mixed with raisins, figs, cherries and pineapple|
|Cherries||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cut fine, mixed with raisins, figs, citron and pineapple|
|Pineapple||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cut fine, mixed with raisins, figs, citron and cherries|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1966 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 276.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g140.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 413.1 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil.
2) Continue boiling without disturbing the mixture until the syrup spins to a thread.
3) In a small bowl, add egg whites to beat until it becomes dry.
4) Gradually add syrup and keep on beating the mixture.
5) Allow cooling the syrup and fold in nuts and fruit.
6) Use the icing to spread between layers of cake.