- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peachy Fruit Compote Recipe
|Peaches||8 Ounce, drained|
|Canned peaches||8 Ounce, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup and sliced (1 Can)|
|Apricot||8 Ounce, drained|
|Canned apricot halves||8 Ounce, drained (Reserving 2 Tablespoons Syrup, 1 Can)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and cut into cubes|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 27.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g94.1%
Sugars 159.1 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 150.4% Vitamin C 325.9%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 37.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2-quart microwave proof casserole dish combine all the ingredients and stir lightly until ingredients are thoroughly blended.
2. Cover the dish with a glass lid or with plastic wrap and place in the microwave
3. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
5. Serve compote warm or chilled at breakfast or as a side dish.