- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit and Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
|Dried sour cherries||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped dried apricots||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Cointreau/Other orange-flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce, melted (2 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.3 mg
Sodium 93.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square pan. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until a smooth, stiff batter forms, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula.
4. Stir melted chocolate into batter. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup chocolate batter. Turn remaining chocolate batter into prepared pan, leveling surface.
5. Add cream cheese and remaining egg to fruit mixture and stir with a fork until well blended. Spoon fruit mixture on top of chocolate batter in pan. Drizzle reserved chocolate batter over top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set and top is lightly browned. Remove pan to a rack, cut into 16 squares, and let awl completely. Store, covered, in refrigerator.