- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Peach Blueberry Pie Recipe
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Peaches||2 1⁄4 Pound, sliced, pitted, peeled (3 cups)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||2 Tablespoon|
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 package)|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 393.4 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the fruits and sprinkle the lemon juice all over them
2. In another mixing bowl, combine sugar with tapioca and salt.
3. Add the tapioca to the fruit bowl and toss lightly to combine; let it stand for 15 minutes.
4. Line a 9-inch pie plate with a large heavy-duty foil that extends at least 6 inches beyond the rim.
5. Into the lined pie plate, turn over the filling into pie plate and bring the foil over top of the fruits to cover loosely.
6. Place the pan in the freezer for several hours until the filling is firm.
7. Prepare the piecrust mix as directed on the package.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Lightly flour a surface and roll out half of the pastry into an 11-inch circle.
10. Use the rolled pastry to line an 9-inch pie plate; trim all extra round the rim.
11. Place the frozen fruit filling inside the pastry-lined pie plate.
12. Roll out the remaining pastry into an 11-inch circle.
13. Using a knife make slits at the centre for steam vents.
14. Place the pastry circle over the filling and trim the edges but fold the edge of top crust under bottom crust.
15. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until crust is golden.
16. Let the pie cool slightly on a wire rack.
17. Serve when the pie is still warm.
Frozen fruit filling can be wrapped in foil and stored in freezer for up to 6 months.