- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Orange Tarts Recipe
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton, Commercial)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg
Sodium 76.6 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the crumbs and walnuts. Add the butter and with a fork, mix well.
2) In 12 muffin cups, place paper liners and press nearly 3 tablespoons crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides of every cup.
3) Combine together the orange juice concentrate, sugar and egg whites, when they are at room temperature. Set electric mixer to medium speed and beat the mixture till soft peaks have formed. This usually takes about 7 minutes.
4) Fold the sour cream into the orange mix and then spoon the orange mixture into the prepared muffin cups. Allow them to freeze.
5) For 10 to 15 minutes, allow the tarts to stand at room temperature before serving and if preferred, garnish with whipped cream.