- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Nesselrode Mousse Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden rum||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped mixed candied fruit||4 Ounce|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.9 mg44%
Sodium 67.8 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.62%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the large bowl of a mixer, tip in the egg whites. Let them stand till they reach room temperature. This will take one hour
2. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and use the mixer to beat the egg whites at high sped till soft peaks form. This will take about ten minutes
3. Gradually add ¾ cup sugar of the egg whites while beating 2 tablespoons at a time. Continue to beat till stiff peaks forms.
4. Set aside till required
5. In a large bowl, tip in the egg yolks and beat well. Add salt and white well again till thick and smooth lemon colored strings are formed
6. Gradually add the 1/4th cup of sugar and beat well again. Then pour in the golden rum and lemon juice and beat well again.
7. Lastly, beat in the heavy cream, rum mixture, candied fruit and whipped cream into egg-white mixture. Turn evenly and gently into a large serving bowl (about 2-quart).
8. This can be served immediately and or frozen and freezer-wrapped till required
9. Remove from freezer and let stand fro 5-10 minutes. Decorate with candied cherries and angelica leaves.