- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Lemon Mousse Recipe
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg
Sodium 79.3 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.83%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks are formed, then
2) In another small bowl, combine the sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and peel.
3) Beat at high speed until the mixture is thick and pale, then keep aside.
4) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt together until light and foamy.
5) Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
6) Gently fold the egg yolk mixture and whipped cream into the egg whites.
7) Pour into a 5-cup ungreased mold or a 10 inch pie plate and freeze until firm.
8) Allow to stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes then serve in a nice plate.