- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Chocolate Peppermint Pie Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Fudge sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peppermint oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
Calories 1098 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 455.9 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 145.4 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 43% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F
3. Line a deep 12-inch pie pan.
4. In a clean dry mixer bowl, add the egg whites.
5. Use an electric beater to beat them until frothy.
6. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until they begin to stiffen
7. Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, while continuously whisking at a low speed until mixture is thick glossy and forms peaks
8. Spread this meringue mixture in the pie pan and place in the preheated oven.
9. Bake meringue shell for 50 to 60 minutes without opening oven door in the first 30 minutes.
10. When meringue shell is lightly browned, remove from oven and rest to cool completely.
11. In a clean dry mixing bowl, add the cream and beat with electric beater or wire whisk until it forms soft peaks.
12. Gradually pour the fudge sauce and peppermint essence while whisking.
13. Spoon this into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate.
14. Whip the ice-cream to soften it lightly and spoon over the fudge cream filling.
15. Immediately place in the freezer until firm.
16. Slice into wedges and serve immediately before the ice cream topping melts.
17. Garnish with chocolate gratings or fudge sauce.