- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnut liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted hazelnuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Or Filberts)|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.6%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.7 mg
Sodium 26.4 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, dissolve sugar in water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium flame until thick.
3. Take pan off the flame.
4. In a food processor or blender bowl, break chocolate pieces.
5. Gradually pour the hot syrup over the chocolate, while blending on a medium speed.
6. Blend into a smooth sauce
7. Add liqueur and egg yolks, one at a time, blending into the sauce.
8. Keep mixture aside.
9. In a large clean dry bowl, whip cream with an electric beater or wire whisk stiff and forms peaks.
10. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture using a spatula.
11. Then fold in hazelnuts.
12. Spoon the mixture into 6 dessert bowls or into a bombe mould.
13. Place in the freezer to chill until firm.
14. Remove to room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
15. Serve in the bowls or umould on a serving plate if using a bombe mould.