- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Apple Strudel Pie Recipe
|Graham cracker crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Diet margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned apple slices||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Unflavored low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar replacement||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1292 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.2 mg
Sodium 1190.3 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 151.6 g
Protein 83 g165.6%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 232.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in blender container; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Drain juice from apple slices into liquid measure; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Pour into small saucepan; heat to boiling point and add to softened gelatin in blender container. Blend at medium speed until gelatin is dissolved.
4. Add apple slices, yogurt, dry milk powder, sugar replacement and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend at high speed until smooth; pour into 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal pan and freeze until semi-set, about 1 hour.
5. Place mixture in large bowl; using electric mixer at high speed, beat until smooth. Pour over piecrust; freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
6. To cut, thaw briefly at room temperature and remove sides of pan. Immediately return surplus pie to freezer.