- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frosty Lime Pie Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated lime peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped and sweetened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1506 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg
Sodium 698.3 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 352 g117.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 238.8 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 146.2%
Calcium 53.4% Iron 0.81%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Gradually beat in 1/2 c. sugar, and continue beating until mixture is pale and stiff.
3. Stir in juice and rind, then heat over simmering water, stirring until mixture coats a silver spoon.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl to cool to room temperature.
5. Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form, then slowly beat in the remaining 1/4, c. sugar.
6. Fold meringue mixture gradually into cooled yolk mixture.
7. Turn into graham cracker shell, and bake at 350° until lightly browned €” 20-25 minutes. Chill.
8. This now can be wrapped and frozen. Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving.
9. Cover with whipped cream and garnish with lime slices dipped in sugar, or any fresh fruit.