- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frosted Honeydew Crescents Recipe
|Canned fruit cocktail||1 1⁄8 Pound (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 13 Ounce)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tiny marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 222.9 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain syrup from fruit cocktail. Measure and reserve 2 cups and set aside.
2. In a small bowl add the gelatin and pour over the hot water. Stir until dissolved completely.
3. To gelatin mixture, add 1 1/4 cups syrup and lemon juice and let cool till lukewarm.
4. In the meantime, place cream cheese in a bowl and whisk with a fork or wire whisk until creamy.
5. Add mayonnaise or salad dressing to it and blend.
6. Fold this mixture into the gelatin mixture.
7. Fold in fruit, marsh-mallows and cherries.
8. Add the cream in a clean dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff and stands in soft peaks.
9. Place bowl of fruit-gelatin mixture in a larger bowl or pan filled with ice cubes.
10. Fold in whipped cream. Keep folding the mixture frequently after every 3-4 minutes until mixture starts to semi set.
11. Pour into 2 ice-cube trays or an 8-cup shallow pan.
12. Freeze for 3 hours until set.
13. Cut honeydew into 8 wedges scooping out and discarding seeds and fibers.
14. On 8 individual dessert plates, place a melon wedge.
15. Spoon frozen fruit mixture onto each wedge.
16. Serve immediately.