- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frosted Fruit Fingers Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped candied lemon peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Pound, powdered, sifted (1 Package)|
|Apricot brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
Calories 764 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 110.5 mg
Sodium 83.4 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 86.8 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 9% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter a 15x10x1 baking pan. Use foil to line the bottom and grease the foil.
3) Onto wax paper, sift the baking powder and flour.
4) In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the granulated sugar and shortening. Add the lemon rind and eggs and continue to beat at a high speed till the mixture is fluffy-light.
5) Add the flour mixture, a third at a time alternatively with lemon juice and milk, and beat well. Continue beating at a low speed till the ingredients have all blended together well. Add the raisins, cherries, lemon peel and nuts and stir well.
6) In the prepared pan, spread the mixture evenly.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or till the top springs right back when pressed lightly with fingertip.
8) In the pan on the wire rack, allow to completely cool
9) Use a knife to loosen the cake around the edges and peel off the foil.
10) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with half of the 10X sugar. Mix till fluffy and then blend in the remaining sugar alternatively with the apricot brandy. Beat till the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add some drops of the food coloring to tint plate green and stir well.
11) Slice the cake crosswise into quarters. Use about ½ cup of the frosting between layers and stack each 1 quarters. On the tops of cakes, spread the remaining frosting.
12) Allow to stand till the frosting is firm and then cut each cake lengthwise in thirds. Further cut each strip into 2-inch lengths.
13) Serve as preferred.