- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frontage En Chemise Cheese In A Housecoat Recipe
|Mozzarella slices/Brick / similar cheese slices||6|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Try Pumpernickle)|
|Olive oil/Butter||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.4 mg
Sodium 204.6 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g0.99%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.1% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the cheese into 2 inch square slices.
2. Put them in a paper bag and shake vigorously with flour.
3. Take a bowl and beat the egg in it.
4. Dip the cheese pieces in beaten egg.
5. Add to a bag containing breadcrumbs and shake thoroughly.
6. Take a pan and heat butter or olive oil in it.
7. Fry the coated cheese slices until they turn crispy and golden on both the sides.
8. Place on paper towels to drain out excess oil.
9. Serve immediately.