- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frittata With Chard And Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
|Swiss chard||1 Bunch (100 gm), stalks removed, washed and dried|
|Leek||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced marjoram||1 Teaspoon (Fresh Ones)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Plus Salt To Taste)|
|Red bell peppers||2 Large, roasted and coarsely chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated fontina cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.6%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g127.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 733.1 mg
Sodium 2118.8 mg88.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 45 g90.1%
Vitamin A 208% Vitamin C 321%
Calcium 81.8% Iron 53.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Grease 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
3) Stack chard leaves and cut crosswise into ribbons.
4) In a large pan heat butter and oil over medium heat and fry leeks for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in chard, thyme, marjoram and 1 teaspoon salt. Fry for approximately 7 minutes.
6) Take off from heat and add the peppers. Let stand to cool.
7) In a large bowl beat eggs with the milk and blend well.
8) Stir in bread crumbs, cheeses and chard mixture.
9) Sprinkle salt and pepper.
10) Pour into prepared baking dish.
11) Baker for 40 minutes till firm at the center.
12) Take out from oven and let cool.
13) Put into a portable serving dish and cover in plastic wrap. Pack in a cooler.
14) Cut into squares before serving.