- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frise, Bacon and Hazelnut Salad Recipe
|Frisee head||1 Large|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||5 , smoked|
|Vinaigrette||6 Tablespoon, made with hazelnut oil|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1008.8 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 108% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a grill.
2) Into large pieces, tear the frise and put the pieces in a large salad bowl.
3) On a rack under the hot grill, grill the bacon for about 4 minutes or till it is crisp, turning as required.
4) On kitchen paper, drain the bacon and with the help of scissors, snip it into small pieces. Add the bacon pieces to the salad and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5) All over the salad, pour the dressing. Lightly toss to mix.
6) Serve immediately with crusty bread.