- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Zucchini Flowers by Tony Caputo Recipe Video
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Mozzarella cheese sticks||2|
|Fresh white anchovies||2 Small|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.1 mg
Sodium 249.1 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.1% Iron 39.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for batter to make a smooth batter.
2. In a wok, heat the oil, dip 2 of the flowers in the batter and fry it for about 1 minute until golden brown in colour.
3. Remove the fried flowers using tong and drain them on a kitchen paper.
4. Remove the pollen from the centre of the remaining flowers.
5. Put the anchovies in 2 of the flower and mozzarella sticks in 2 flowers.
6. Dip the anchovy filled flowers, in the batter, twist the tip and fry until golden brown and drain.
7. Repeat the step with the mozzarella filled flowers and fry them.
8. Serve hot as desired.