- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Fried Zucchini Side-dish (애호박 볶음) Recipe Video
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (1 medium)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 781.5 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl and add in the zucchini and mix it with sea salt and set it aside for about 30 minutes. (The salt removes the water from the zucchini)
2. 30 minutes later squeeze out the water from the zucchini.
3. Take a pan with oil, heat and add the zucchini pieces to it and fry for 7 minutes on medium heat.
4. When the zucchini is almost cooked add the minced garlic, green onions, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Fry for 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
5. Serve with rice and other Korean side dishes.