- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Tomatoes Italian Food Part 2 Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||3 Large, sliced 1/2" thick|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 133.8 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix the flour with salt and pepper.
2. Rinse the tomatoes in cold water and clean them.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the tomato horizontally in 1/2” thick slices.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg.
5. Dip the tomato slices in flour, and tap to remove excess flour, dip in egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
6. In a skillet, heat oil and fry the coated tomato slices until it gets golden brown on both the sides.
7. Drain the fried tomatoes on tissue paper.
8. Serve hot as desired.