- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home Made French Fries Recipe Video
|Canola oil||48 Fluid Ounce (For deep frying)|
|Potato||8 , washed|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 131.3%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven, pour in the oil and preheat it.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes in wedges or in thick strips.
4. In the hot oil, put the wedges or fries a few at a time and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Turn the fries using a spider mesh and let it fry for another 5 minutes until they are golden brown in color and floating on the surface.
6. Drain the fries and place them on kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Serve hot with a desired dip.