- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Okra Recipe Video
|Corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 785 Calories from Fat 461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 500.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and cut the tips and ends of okra.
2. Cut the okra in about ¼ inch thick pieces.
3. In a bowl, place the okra pieces and pour in beaten egg, stir to coat and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
4. In a cast iron pan, heat oil about ¼ inch of the pan.
5. Season the okra with salt, pepper onion, and garlic powder.
6. Dip the okra in corn meal, toss and coat evenly and fry in the hot oil few at a time.
7. Turn the heat down to medium, stir and turn the okra, flip them, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are golden brown in colour.
8. Using a slotted spoon, drain the okra on a kitchen paper.
9. Serve as desired.