- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Potato Kibbeh Recipe Video
|Potato||2 Large, peeled, cut, boiled|
|Wheat bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|All spice||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sumac/Pomegranate molasses||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 80.3 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. In a bowl, mash the boiled potatoes with some oil.
3. Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
4. Soak the wheat bulgur in water.
5. To the mashed potato add salt, black pepper, and allspice, mix well.Add the already soaked cracked wheat and mix.
6. In a pan, place onion along with olive oil, cook until onion turns translucent. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Add in the spices, mix again.
7. In the baking pan, flatten half of the potatoes and wheat dough. Spread the onion and walnut mixture.Add the top layer by flattening the dough into hand size pieces. Smooth the top layer by wetting your hand in little water.
8. Cut into squares or diamond shape, drizzle with olive oil.
9. Bake at 450F for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Serve with green salad or yogurt on the side.