- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Trout With New Potatoes Recipe
|Trout||3 Pound (Six 1/2 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Dip)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Dredge)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small)|
|New potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked (Small Variety)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.1 mg
Sodium 510.3 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 52 g104.4%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the trout thoroughly both inside and out.
2. Drain and pat dry on paper toweling.
3. Make the parsley butter by combine softened butter with parsley, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Blend well.
4. Chill until firm and ready to serve
5. Once dry, rub salt and pepper inside out of fish.
6. Place milk in a wide shallow dish and flour in a plate.
7. Dip each trout in milk, shake off excess,
8. Then roll in flour, pressing lightly to evenly coat.
9. Heat 2 large frying pans simultaneously.
10. Melt half the oil and butter in each over medium high heat.
11. When the butter starts to froth, arrange 3 fish in each pan.
12. Fry fish for 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
13. Turn carefully with a spatula or pancake turner and cook another 4 to 5 minutes until crispy on the out side and fork tender inside.
14. Place fried trout on a large heated serving platter or on individual serving plates.
15. Garnish the fish with lemon slices and parsley springs.
16. Serve accompanied by hot boiled new potatoes and parsley butter curls on the side.