- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Spice Balls Recipe
|Prepared biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70.1 mg
Sodium 645.6 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 35.7 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0.53%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add biscuit mix, sugar and nutmeg to combine.
2) In a measuring cup, beat in egg using a fork.
3) Pour in salad oil and sufficient milk to make 1/2 cup liquid.
4) Beat the liquid properly to blend the ingredients.
5) Quickly add the egg mixture to the biscuit mix and combine all together just to dampen the mixture.
6) In a skillet, add fat and heat up to 375°F.
7) Spoon dough in separate balls into hot fat and fry until they turn brown evenly.
8) Transfer on paper towels to absorb the extra fat.
9) Before serving, roll the balls in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.