- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Shrimps Recipe
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh shrimps||24 , cleaned, cooked or uncooked|
|Lard/Peanut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1279 Calories from Fat 525
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.7%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1060.5 mg
Sodium 1367.7 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 123 g245.3%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 39.9% Iron 93.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl, and add salt, flour, paprika and curry powder.
2. Take a bowl and add milk and lemon juice and beat the liquid into the flour until the mixture turns smooth.
3. Lighten the batter with little milk by adding a teaspoonful of it at a time.
4. Take a deep pan or deep fryer and add some lard or oil to the depth of 2 inches.
5. Heat the fat until it measures 350°F on the frying thermometers.
6. Dunk the shrimps into the batter and then brown them in hot fat for about 3 minutes on both sides by turning them once.
7. Drain off the fat by spreading the shrimp on absorbent paper.
8. Serve the fried shrimps hot with freshly steamed rice.