- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Rice Recipe
|Long grain rice||4 Ounce (Cooked)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.98 mg0.04%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.16%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, add in the rice.
2) Cook the rice for about 10 to 15 minutes or as stated on the rice packet.
3) Stop cooking when the rice has turned soft but is still slightly firm.
4) Drain and rice and dry them over large sheets of paper towel.
5) Into a saucepan, add in oil. When the oil heats up, add in the cooked rice. Toss the rice about in the oil till it becomes slightly golden brown in colour.
6) Garnish the fried rice with chopped parsley. Serve alongside meat or vegetable gravy of your choice.