- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Rice Recipe Video
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cooled (with 1 teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon oil)|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into cubes|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Red onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Green onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 487.9 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 65.1% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the onion and chicken, season with white pepper and salt.
2. Stir fry for 3 minutes or till the chicken is cooked, remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the peas and carrot, stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Add another spoon of oil in the pan and stir fry the egg until done. Remove and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of oil and stir in the rice (The skillet need to be very hot and rice should be cold to get a perfect fried rice).
6. Then stir in the cooked chicken, add the peas and carrot, add the egg and the green onions.
7. Then add 2 tablespoon of soy sauce or to taste. Continue to stir fry until all the flavors come together.
8. In a serving plate, serve the fried rice immediately with chili and lemon or as it is.