- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Plantain Recipe Video
|Ripe banana||2 Medium, sliced at an angle|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Medium (3 tablespoon ground ginger)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1 bouillon cube)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (lemon juice)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or as required, for frying)|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.6 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the plantain and slice them into pieces at an angle. Transfer it into a bowl. The plantain should not be past ripe.
2. Chop the onion into large pieces.
3. If using oven preheat it to 450 degrees F.
4. In a blender add the ginger, onion, water, cayenne pepper, cloves and salt and blend to smooth paste.
5. Pour it over the sliced banana pieces and mix well till all pieces are coated. Set aside for 2 minutes.
6. In a deep frying pan heat oil and put the marinated banana pieces on by ne and fry till golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
7. If using oven, spray some cooking oil, place the marinated pieces on a baking tray and bake it for 15 minutes or till done.
8. In a serving plate, serve hot with a refreshing drink.