- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Plaice With Lemon Recipe
|Browned breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable fat||1 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Lemon wedges||2 (To Garnish:)|
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.7%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.4 mg
Sodium 478.4 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 67.7% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get some plaice fillet from the fishmonger. Divide the fish into 4 fillets and remove the skin.
2. Dip the fish fillets in beaten eggs. Season well and coat in browned breadcrumbs. Pat the coating firmly.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the fat and add the fillets. Fry until golden brown from both sides for 6-8 minutes.
4. Garnish with lemon wedges.
5. Serve the whole dish at once with grilled tomatoes and sautéed or chipped potatoes.