- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Mozzarella and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
|White bread slices||4|
|Mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce, sliced (75 Gram)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 2332 Calories from Fat 2141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g371.9%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.1 mg
Sodium 725.2 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 43% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the crusts from the bread and cut out circles from the slices.
2) Prepare two sandwiches with the cheese and tomato slices, seal edges together.
3) In a bowl, add the egg, milk, dried basil, salt and pepper; blend well.
4) In a frying pan with heated oil, fry the sandwiches dipped in the egg mixture, until evenly golden brown.
5) Garnish with the basil and serve immediately.