- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sugar Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Green tomatoes||4 Large, sliced thickly|
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.6 mg
Sodium 233.4 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 48.1 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 75.6% Vitamin C 142.5%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet or frying pan, heat butter.
2. Dredge each tomato slice in flour and place in hot butter.
3. Flip them once one side turns brown.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar generously and turn the slices carefully without spilling.
5. Repeat step 4 on the other side of the slices. Flip again without spilling the brown sugar.
6. Turn off the heat and drizzle heavy cream all over the tomatoes.
7. Let it sit for a minute to absorb the cream.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tomatoes immediately.