- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Filets Of Fish Recipe
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (Sole, Halibut, Cod, Haddock)|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg
Sodium 311.4 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the fish fillets.
2. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
3. In a shallow dish, combine egg, milk, salt, pepper and mace.
4. Beat lightly until well blended.
5. Spread the cracker crumbs on a plate.
6. To bread each fish fillet dip first in egg, allowing excess to drip back into the dish.
7. Place in cracker crumbs and coat on both sides, lightly pressing so that the crumbs stick to the fish in an even layer.
8. Shake off the excess.
9. Keep crumbed fillets in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
10. In a deep frying pan, heat oil.
11. When oil is hot and bubbly, slide the fish fillets.
12. Fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden brown.
13. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
14. Serve hot accompanied by lemon and sauce of your choice.