- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Choux Pastry Balls Filled with Sweet Ricotta Filling Recipe
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Milk chocolate||50 Gram|
|Glace cherries||100 Gram|
|Almonds/Hazelnuts||100 Gram, roasted and chopped into bit sizes|
|Icing sugar||50 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Runny honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||100 Gram, roasted, chopped|
Calories 871 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.7%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.9 mg
Sodium 131.3 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 42.4 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make Choux Pastry in a pan of water place fat, melt over a gentle heat and then bring to the boil.
2. Remove from heat stir in flour and return to heat, stirring until mixture forms a ball in the middle of the pan, then remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In a bowl lightly beat eggs and with a wooden spoon beat in a bit of the eggs a little at a time such that all the eggs have been added and are thoroughly mixed.
4. In a deep frying pan or preferably a chip pan, dropping teaspoonfuls at a time fry the choux pastry.
5. On kitchen paper drain the cooked choux balls and split open when cool.
6. To make the rikotta filling in a bowl place rikotta and with a fork mash it so as to remove any lumps.
7. Add the chopped chocolate, cherries and nuts, stir in the icing sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
8. With the rikotta filling fill the cooled choux balls, arrange them on a serving dish and pour the honey over them.
9. Sprinkle the chopped nuts all over the Zeppoli and serve.