- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Chicken with Sour Cream gravy Recipe
|Broiler fryers||2 , cut into serving size pieces|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Cup / 1 Carton)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Chicken gravy mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8218 Calories from Fat 6508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 731 g1124.4%
Saturated Fat 207.4 g1036.8%
Trans Fat 54 g
Cholesterol 1476.8 mg
Sodium 5484.1 mg228.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 350 g700.4%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 112.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix sour cream, lemon juice, salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; place bread crumbs in a pie plate. Brush chicken pieces with sour cream mixture, then roll in crumbs to coat well.
3. Place in a single layer on a cooky sheet. Chill at least 1 hour. Chill remaining sour cream mixture
4. Melt enough shortening or pour in enough vegetable oil to make 1/2 inch depth in a large frying pan.
5. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time, very slowly in hot fat; return all pieces to pan; cover. Cook over very low heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
6. Prepare chicken gravy mix, following label directions. Stir 1/4 CUP of the hot gravy into remaining sour cream mixture; stir back into remaining gravy in pan; heat slowly just until hot.