- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in chunks|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Potato starch powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet rice flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||6 Cup (96 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Hot pepper paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 90.2 mg30.1%
Sodium 756.8 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put the chicken and sprinkle it with salt and pepper and mix well.
2. In a wok, preheat the oil for about 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Add in the potato starch plain flour, rice flour, egg and baking soda, and mix well.
4. Put the chicken pieces in hot oil, put them in 2 batches, turn once and allow to fry over high heat for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken and drain. Fry the remaining chicken pieces for 10 minutes and drain.
6. Fry the first batch again for 10 minutes or until golden brown, remove and drain.
For the sauce
7. In another skillet, heat vegetable oil and saute garlic until it starts to brown.
8. Put in ketchup, hot pepper paste and rice syrup and mix well.
9. Add in apple vinegar and stir well to mix.
10. Put the chicken pieces in sauce and stir well to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Remove and serve hot with some vegetable sticks.