- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Cheese Balls with Paprika Recipe
|Grated mild cheese||1⁄2 Pound (1 1/2 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 1054.9 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 63.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the cheese, flour, salt, cayenne, mustard, and paprika together and blend well.
2) Stiffly beat the egg whites and fold into the cheese mixture. Then allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes
3) Drop the mixture with rounded tea-spoonfuls into the cracker crumbs, then lift with a fork and drop into heated fat.
4) Deep fry at 275°F in the deep heated fat, then remove and drain over the paper towels.
5) Sprinkle with little paprika, if desired and serve immediately as an appetizer or with salad.